Portobello Pasta with Rosemary & Toasted Pine Nuts

Apr 27, 2011


I'm in an adjective, poem-y kind of mood. I guess. (Not really, but it sounds kind of interesting.) So consider this an adjective poem dedicated to my faithful reader (hi, Mom!) who told me that she quite enjoyed her dinner last night:

Rosemary is really rad.
Lemons are likely luscious.
Parmesan is pretty pleasing.
Toasted pine nuts are.... totally toasty.... and pointedly perfect.
Garlic is gigantically great.
Olive oil is outrageously outstanding.
Portabello mushrooms are pleasantly pleasant and marvelously marvelous.
And pasta is superly stupendous.

(I ran out of P words.)

The point I'm trying to make here is that you should make this and eat it because it's good. Kind of really good, actually.

Notes: Feel free to use whole-wheat pasta if you have it on hand. I used orecchiette, which works wonderfully because it catches all of the goodness in its little bowls.

Adapted from Cook's Illustrated, Sept. & Oct. 2009


6 friendly note(s):

  1. BROOKE! Ha ha ha, I love your poem. It is wonderfully whimsical.

    On a side note, rosemary only has one r.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. I got it right in the title at least :) Thanks for your editing skills. What would I do without you!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this last night and we snarfed it up. I love the oricchiette with it. I seared some asparagus with lemon and olive oil and put that on top to give it some green. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, Julie, I like your idea of seared asparagus on top! Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 13, 2011

    oh wow, this looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Flour Sack All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger